Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Triggers (21DSD-Day 1)


Exercise: Ice skating with my kids. Super fun!


Triggers.

I had one today.  A memory trigger.  A moment when that one small sound or sight sends you whirling backwards into days of yore.  I don't even know how to adequately describe my trigger.

The smell of cold ice, and bleachers,
and skate polish, and the musty scent of damp, arena floors. 
The smell of an ice skating rink.
 
I love that smell.  I practically grew up wearing ice skates. It has been probably 11 years since I have even stepped foot in an ice rink.  One deep breath though and the memories flooded in.





 


 

 

Alrighty then.  Day one is unofficially over.  I have survived.  I have felt the beginnings of sugar withdrawal.  It is not horrible just yet, but me thinks it will get worse before it gets better.

On the plus side, I did not feel out of control hungry, and even though I am craving sugary treats I do not feel overwhelmed by the cravings. 

Menu: Day One
Breakfast: Chocolate-Monkey Smoothie--DEELICIOUS!
Lunch: Green Salad with Asian style meatballs and spicy sesame ginger dressing--Meatballs were good, but the dressing needs tweaking.
Dinner: Tuna salad and green salad
Snack: Very small green apple with coconut butter


Even though this is NOT a weight loss program I thought it would be interesting to see what happens in that area.  So I will give you some of my stats today and then again on day 21.  Even if there is no change from now and then, I know I will be on my way to ridding myself of the Candidiasis infection and feeling a whole lot healthier.

Weight: 159.5 lbs
Waist: 38"
Hips: 41"
Bust: 41"
Thigh: 24"
 


1 comment:

  1. Love the pic's! I relate - I did this last year and the smell of an arena took me right back to tying kid's skates in overheated dressing rooms, watching little ones with a smile, giggling secretly over their serious attempts at waltz jumps and cherry flips and celebrating every victory with a full heart. Oh yes, and jumping with them at every competition - as if that would keep them in the air long enough to manage a successful landing! Good for you on Day One! Cheering from afar!

    ReplyDelete