Monday, March 29, 2010

Tap, tap, tap...the rerun

Oh my goodness, I am tired and my legs hurt! Who knew laundry (with some good old fashioned bathroom scrubbing) could take so much energy!! Of course the goal is not to have so much laundry that it takes me 4 hours to bring under control...and I do mean 4 hours straight of folding and putting away. I still have...oh...6 loads to get through, but hey in light of where I started I figure that's not bad!
This is the true first day of trying to live up to my Spring Resolution. I say the first true day because I have been 'skipping' all kinds of chores when I didn't want to do them for the last week. I now have a daily list of things that should be done every day, a weekly list, a monthly list, a seasonal list and a yearly list. It's a bit overwhelming to look at, but every task gets its own spot so cleaning the bathroom takes out 6 tasks all at once.
Despite the fact that I am tired, and my feet hurt, and I haven't actually finished the list for the day, I feel really great about all that I accomplished. Plus to top it off, Meg and I still had fun together. I folded clothes, she jumped on the bed, I cleaned the bathroom, she jumped on Nathan's bed, I de-cobwebbed all but my bedroom upstairs, she climbed into the baby-doll crib and pretended to sleep. I'm glad she had so much fun while I worked, made it all much more enjoyable just getting to watch her have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment