Friday, April 30, 2010

Irresponsible me?

Well I have officially been made to feel like an immature, irresponsible fool! I don't like being berated because I know that I am NOT immature, irresponsible, or a fool.
Now to dissect that, can anyone else make me feel anything? Hmmm, I think the answer is yes. If you care about someone's opinion and they say something hurtful or "get you in trouble" (even if you have done nothing wrong as in my case) they can make you feel hurt or foolish. Now I need to ask myself why do I care about her opinion. She is much older than I, we are not friends, so why does it matter? I guess the only conclusion I can logically come to is that it doesn't matter. However, she is a forceful, opinionated, take control (not charge, but control) kind of woman. To be honest, she scares me and I know for a fact I'm not the only one she scares and makes feel immature and irresonsible.
OK enough of that. Watching my beautiful two year old Meg run circles around the kitchen table shouting "RUN" is helping me put into perspective what is important and worthy to pay attention to...and it isn't an opinionated, old lady!
So this weekend is a bit busy for us. Saturday is baseball game day for Nathan, Sunday is church, board meeting, Emily's birthday party, and possibly church again.
Well, I suppose I should go be responsible and do some work!

1 comment:

  1. hey christy
    Don't worry about what she said. You are a wonderful person and not a fool. You are very responsible. I understand a little though because I had my neighboor come over a yell at me for quite a while one day. she made me feel awful and lazy. I am not lazy I just have a lot going on and I know you do too. If you need to talk you can talk or message me on facebook take care!

    ReplyDelete