Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A bookworm is born


My heart is filled with warm fuzzies. My son is becoming a bookworm. For the last two days I have found him curled up reading a Horrible Harry chapter book. I LOVE IT!

I have been a bookworm for as long as I can remember. Even before I could read I remember asking and asking and asking my mom and older sisters to read to me. Especially my favorite alphabet book. That in fact was my inspiration to learn to read as fast as I could. I get a kick out of my first grade report card stating that I was struggling with reading...by fifth grade I was reading 11th grade level or more.

I was warned that after having kids I wouldn't have time to read...they underestimated my love of diving into a good christian romance, or comedy, or adventure. I even periodically go back and read some of my childhood favorites like the L.M. Montgomery books, Louisa May Alcott books, and my Narnia series.

My bookshelves are overflowing (literally), but there is always room for another good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment